Job Title: Registered Early Childhood Educator, Toddler Program
Status: Full-time – Maternity Leave Position
Salary: $18.27 per hour (+ $2 wage enhancement) – 40 hours per week plus 1.5 hours planning time
Benefits: 15 days vacation plus 2 bonus days per year
Work Region: Beacon Hill North, Ottawa East
Start date: March 19th 2018
Closing date: Friday March 2nd 2018
As Educator in the Toddler Program, you will work as part of a team of three, assisting with the planning and implementation of a program that is designed to promote cognitive, social, physical and emotional development of the children.
· Early Childhood Education diploma/degree from recognized college/university
· Registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators
· Experience with toddlers required
· Familiarity with HDLH
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
· Current criminal reference check
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Adequate energy and ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
· Must be flexible.
· Recognizes and responds to the needs of the group and of the individual child. Provides a suitable role model for the children especially in the areas of language and social interactions. Sets suitable limits and uses appropriate teaching techniques to maintain those limits.
· Provides and maintains a stimulating, creative and developmentally appropriate program and learning environment for children.
· Acts in accordance with the CCEYA and the centre’s policies and procedures.
· Functions effectively as a team member.
· Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Participates in supervision and training of students, volunteers and substitute teachers.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume, prepared as one document and send as email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before noon, Friday March 2nd 2018.
Please note that, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!